I am currently employed at NSPCC ChildLine as a business support officer based in Liverpool Street, London. My interests are in child protection – I focused on this area for my dissertation which helped when looking for a job in this field; also in writing reports and analysing; working with children, helping others, and working for a positive purpose.
- About SoES
- Roll Call
- Some Honorary Degrees
- Honorary Degrees – Professor Derrick Swartz (1989-1995): Oration, 2008
- Honorary Degrees- David Lockwood
- Honorary Degrees: Howard Newby (1967-1988): Oration
- Honorary Degrees: Howard Newby (1967-1988): Response
- Honorary Degrees: Response by Derrick Swartz 2008 (1989-1995, MA PhD)
- Honorary Degrees: Ruth Lister (1967-70); Response
- Tales from ‘Imaginations’
- Tales from past folk
- The Troubles at Essex 1974 Michael Mann
- Peter Townsend: The Fortunes of Sociology at Essex 1963-1982
- Visiting Professor, Scholars, Lecturers
The department has an interesting tale to tell - be part of it! You can read about the department's history through the search options; and can let us know of matters you would like to see added -including your own story, info and photos if you wish.
Note: this is a personal site and is not directly linked to the University of Essex.
( who retired in 2006)
Archive by date
Archive by topic
Tags2009 Africa ageing asexuality Brenda Corti child protection children China class conversation analysis criminology culture David Lockwood death and dying Dennis Marsden development deviance disability education employment essex farewells feminism forensic linguistics gender gender-based violence gender hisory Geoffrey Hawthorn global graduates Harold Wolpe health Hong Kong Imaginations:50 years of Essex Sociology inequalities inter-generational relationships Intimacies Japan Ken Plummer labour market Latin America Leonore Davidoff lesbian gay and queer life-course and midlife Mary Girling Mary McIntosh mental health) migration neo-liberalism oral history Paul Thompson Peter Townsend PhD police interviews poverty psychoanalysis psycholinguistics psychosocial studies qualitative secondary analysis research methods Roehampton sexualities social anthropology social history socialism social policy social psychology social theory sociology South Africa sport Stan Cohen symbolic interactionism Ted Benton welfare